Grilling in the summer….ahhh, makes people think about a cold beer, backyard get togethers, and flip-flops and add in the spicy and tangy chicken wings! Not only a treat for game day or a night out with friends, but Tandoori wings made on a grill.
Grilling chicken wings is even easier than you might think. Check out this recipe
Tandoori Chicken Wings on the Grill
- 22 lb. chicken wings, split, tip removed
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 5 tbsp. Tandoori Char-it Dry Rub
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tbsp. fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 cup plain yoghurt, 2-4% MF
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (optional garnish)
- 4 lemon wedges
Mix oil, dry rub, garlic, ginger, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and jalapeno in a large bowl or into double resealable bags. Mix well.
Add chicken wings to the mixture and toss to coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator preferably overnight or at least four hours.
Preheat Grill on medium high heat. Remove chicken wings from the marinade and discard. Grill on the top rack for 30 minutes with the lid down. Having the wings on the top rack reduces flare-ups. Flip and grill until crisped and cooked through.
Serve wings with mixed salad greens and grilled naan bread. Garnish with wedges of lemon and chopped cilantro.